Thus sayeth the New York Times:
Checking the #bailout meme during the last few minutes on twitter:
- jeffjarvis: I come out from my editing cocoon and find the world falling apart. We are so fucked.
- brownspider: Conspiracy theory #1: Republicans killed bailout deal so that on Thursday people will be talking about the deal and not about the VP debate.
- Reuters_TopNews: U.S. bailout rejected; fear seizes markets
- sgraven: I was totally into twitters #bailout that I didn't realize I was supposed to leave work 11 mins ago.
- hbeeinc: #bailout folks - this is not a red and blue issue - it's about greed - that doesn't know party lines
- danielerossi: Why don't they #bailout the homeless?
- colinjohnston: @ricksanchezcnn if house republicans want to blame pelosi 4 stalled bailout, when 2/3 of their rank & file voted no, what's a citizen 2 do?
- Moer: Oil plunges $10 as US bailout plan voted down
- wondermade: Fun fact. The stock market lost $1t in value today, the bailout plan was for $700b.
- Diva_Ali: They keep calling the bailout the "failed plan". It didn't fail. We didn't institute it. The media needs to get Hooked On Phonics.
- 3business: Harvard economist says bankruptcy is better than bailout
- NEWZOF: [Videos] Bailout's main leverage is psychological