LilaTovCocktail: Ingredients: one part NE Ohio; two parts politics; two parts media, and one part each: culture, family & the Jewish community. Directions: Shake well.

GD TXTS 10 CMNDMNTS (God Texts the Ten Commandments)

6/6/09

 Photoshopped by LilatTovCocktail

 From McSweeney's Internet Tendency comes:

GOD TEXTS THE TEN  COMMANDMENTS.


1. no1 b4 me. srsly.

2. dnt wrshp pix/idols

3. no omg's

4. no wrk on w/end (sat 4 now; sun l8r)

5. pos ok - ur m&d r cool

6. dnt kill ppl

7. :-X only w/ m8

8. dnt steal

9. dnt lie re: bf

10. dnt ogle ur bf's m8. or ox. or dnkey. myob.

M, pls rite on tabs & giv 2 ppl.

ttyl, JHWH.

ps. wwjd?

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

6 comments:

Skye @ Planet Jinxatron June 8, 2009 at 12:00 AM  

So is McSweeney's under a Creative Commons license or something?

LilaTovCocktail June 8, 2009 at 9:23 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
LilaTovCocktail June 8, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

Um. No, Skye, not that I know of. Point taken.

Normally I'd never repost another's work in its entirety, but this was so funny as a whole -- it being the 10 Commandments and all -- that I couldn't decide how to excerpt it.

I just visited your website, Skye, and read your post How to Use Other People's Words and Pictures On Your Blog (Without Getting Burned or Being a Jerk).

I think twitter and the recent rise of the retweeting ethos -- retweets as the ultimate compliment & a way to promote work you admire (perhaps helping anothers' work go viral) -- may have affected my not-very-good decision to post the whole McSweeney's piece.

It's just that McSweeney's is often so funny and so few people I know ever read it.

I DID contribute my own photoshopped image to this post -- although I readily happily concede that neither the Sistine Chapel nor the idea of making humorous alterations to the famous image are mine.

Skye @ Planet Jinxatron June 8, 2009 at 10:35 AM  

In all honesty when I had clicked through to McSweeney's, I hadn't seen an explicit copyright notice which surprised me - so I thought I might have been missing something. I know they don't need a notice to have copyright protection, but it's rare to see an online magazine without one. I wonder if they feel like it detracts from their minimalist style?

David H. June 9, 2009 at 3:08 PM  

I enjoy a good McSweeney's now and again. This was funny. I'm taking it viral!

LilaTovCocktail June 9, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

Yes, take it viral. I don't know why McSweeney's isn't part of everyone's weekly diet.

Keep up with LilaTovCocktail


Subscribe by RSS

Get posts by email

Follow on twitter

Media transparancy




  © Blogger template Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP